It’s officially been fall for over a week so I’m not sure why I’ve waited so long to share this amazing recipe.
Fall is my favorite. Why? Well, there are a few things that I love about it…
- Beautiful weather-I could live in a sweatshirt and a pair of jeans
- Harvest-the fields look absolutely beautiful and it smells amazing!
- Canning and freezing-tomatoes, salsa, spaghetti sauce, apple sauce, jalapeno pepper jelly, corn, beans, and carrots (ok some of those happen in summer, but still…)
- and APPLES!! (which I love to eat with peanut butter!)
So here is the deal, I have an incredible recipe for you, and by incredible I mean divinely scrumptious. Trust me, you are going to want to make this one and then keep the recipe close by. I made this less then 6 hours ago and there are 3 pieces left out of a 9×13 pan. Did I mention it is EASY to make.
Fresh Apple Cake with Caramel Sauce
- 4 cups diced apples
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place diced apples in a large bowl and stir in eggs.
Add sugar, oil, cinnamon and nuts.
Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to apple mixture. Stir well.
Bake in a 9×13 pan for 45 minutes.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cream or half & half
- 1 heaping Tbls flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
Combine all ingredients, except vanilla.
Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds, until thickened, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve warm over cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
I hope you enjoy the cake, please leave a comment and tell me how it was!