I’m not sure where August went but it is officially September. I didn’t mean to take an entire month off from blogging but it has been a crazy month; sorry for leaving you all hanging.
August is a busy month for my husband and I with many visits to county fairs and then the Great Minnesota Get Together (or Sweat Together as we like to call it). Check out the photos below for an idea of what we’ve been up to.
Both my husband and I were 4-H members and believe the 4-H program teaches a multitude of skills and facilitates life long friendships.
Here is a partial list of the things that 4-H taught or provided us:
- work hard/play hard
- how to loose gracefully and win humbly
- how to ask for help and give help to others
- about life and death
- social skills
- life skills (i.e. interviewing, public speaking, record keeping)
- develop hobbies by learning what you like and dislike
- meet life long friends
- ability to make quick decisions and defend your decisions
- passion for bettering yourself, 4-H, and your community
- pride in your self and your projects
There are so many other things that I could put on this list but it might take me a long time to finish. If you are interested in finding out more about 4-H in your state check out the 4-H website or if you are interested in volunteering. 4-H isn’t just for farm kids either, there are a large number of projects that are not livestock related that any kid can participate in like photography, cooking, clothing, woods, and gardening.
Here are a few photos of what we have been up to this past month: